Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Garden Path

The Garden Path
Oil on panel, 9x12
This garden path winds through the Deanna Rose Farm by a little shed, leading to the vegetable gardens.  It was calling my name one morning during a sunrise quick paint - but it was being showered by the sprinklers!  I had done a quick sketch, and took a reference photo - which is what I am working from tonight.  Whenever my days are full of activities, I find myself working late - when it is impossible to go outside to paint.  I am forever taking photos of what I want to paint - and at these times, they come in handy!  My panel here is heavily textured, and I have painted this whole landscape with basically one large brush.  This lends a loose and impressionistic air to the whole garden, which softly expresses the mood of the day.  This painting makes 101 in as many days.  I was seriously tempted to take this day off from the madness, but alas - my inner self would not let it be.  It seems that where my "logical" self says, "no!", my creative self says, "yes!"  And, you can see for yourself who won :)

No comments:

Post a Comment