Friday, May 10, 2013

Baby Alan

Baby Alan
Graphite on bristol
Just arrived home from Colorado, getting ready for a workshop in the morning, and doing a little graphite work to unwind.  Working with pencil and paper helps me unwind like no other medium.  I can just let the graphite work it's magic, blending as needed with the paper stumps.  I lay a fresh piece of paper down for my right hand to rest on as I work.  This prevents the oil from my skin from getting onto the paper, changing the way the paper accepts the graphite.  I am almost finished with this one, only a couple of shadows to deepen.  I am also working on another graphite piece, which just may be one of my favorites, yet.  Can't wait to get back to it.  And yes, I have MANY more Colorado paintings to paint in the days to come.  This makes the 127th artwork completed in 127 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment