Monday, May 27, 2013

Geranium Dream

Geranium Dream
Oil on panel, 8x10
We had a wonderful day full of family time today.  Without time to go out to the arboretum, I am painting the geraniums hanging in one of my baskets on the front porch.  After hanging only two days, I started watering this basket, and out flew a little house wren!  On closer inspection, I could see her little nest hidden under the foliage.  I had poured the water right into her nest!  The next time I watered, I didn't see her, but today she was back in her nest.  I water on the other side of the basket now, not to disturb her too much.  I may have to move the basket when her babies get big enough to hop out.  My cats will be anxiously awaiting below for a little treat!  This is my first attempt at painting geraniums - and I really enjoyed it!  This painting makes 144 in 144 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment