Friday, May 17, 2013

Goldfinch and Coneflowers

Goldfinch and Coneflowers
Acrylic on panel, 11x14
I had started this painting before, bringing it out for the final touches tonight, when I realized I did not have enough time to finish my landscape of the day.  Some days are just so packed with activities, I scarcely have time to eat (or sleep).  I had an hour to block in a creek scene from the George Owen Nature Park plein air event - which I had the honor of judging earlier today.  After seeing the "Into the West" show at the Kansas City Club, and stopping by the Power and Light art show afterwards, I thought I would have enough time to complete my piece.  Instead, I had a little family time, and now I am posting at this late hour, with an early morning baseball practice on the horizon.  Why can't I just have an extra 6 hours in every day?  This simple addition would certainly give me ample time for all of my needs.  I thought I might just top this painting off in oils, but for now, I will leave it in acrylics.  I have always liked to paint my birds in acrylic.  This is the 134th painting in 134 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment