Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Morning in Monet's Garden

Morning in Monet's Garden
Oil on panel. 14x11
Overland Park Arboretum - Stems
This morning was the perfect morning to be out painting at the Arboretum!  Almost no breeze, fabulous light, and the constant trickle of the water set the mood for this painting.  I have painted this bridge at Monet's Garden each year I have been participating in the Stems plein air event - and still it intrigues me.  Each time, I approach it from a different angle - and today I was on the south side of it for the first time.  The light is harder to manage from this direction, and the water reflected colors near and far.  I had to leave before I was ready - my monthly Tri County Art League meeting was calling.  It is so hard to leave a painting when you are in the zone! This one makes 138 in 138 days.
On location

Easel set up

No comments:

Post a Comment