Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunset in the Doctor's Garden

Sunset in the Doctor's Garden
Oil on panel, 14x11
Stems Sunset Quick Paint


This is the first painting at the Overland Park Arboretum Stems event.  I am an avid gardener - and love to paint garden landscapes, so this is always an exciting event for me!  The kick-off is a sunset quick paint from 6:00 to 8:20.  There is a wonderful wine and food social beforehand, where I enjoy seeing my artist friends again this year.  Arriving early, I had scouted out three different locations for this first painting, deciding on the one that would best show the evening color.  The weather was perfect - on the warm side with a lovely breeze.  So refreshing to ditch the ski coat!  I read the plaque for this garden which talked of a doctor, but I simply do not remember the details.  On my next trip back, I will check it and include the name of whom this garden honors.  There are new ornamental grass plantings here, so I'm sure this will be a garden to evolve this season.  This painting makes 136 in 136 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment