Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Waters of Wolf Creek Pass

The Waters of Wolf Creek Pass
Oil on panel, 11x14
Today I am painting from photo reference I just took last week while coming through Wolf Creek Pass.  I have taken so many photos - I haven't even looked at them all yet!  To get to this spot, I had to trek through the brush, off the beaten path to get close enough to the water.  I wanted to set up my easel on the spot - but time would not allow it.  With the location so fresh in my mind, I can almost feel the cool wind and hear the loud rush of the water as I paint this spot.  The danger of being so close to the water is that I wouldn't be able to hear a bear approach, and I did see some very large footprints!  This painting makes 131 in 131 days :)

12 comments:

  1. Everything you paint is always so beautiful Tammie.
    Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful - I love the name of the place - Wolf Creek Pass - it evokes such wonderful images of a wild untamed land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely and peaceful I could imagine myself walking through there..happy ppf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such really interesting colors...what a beautiful spot to stay and paint if only you could have. I agree it has a wonderful name too!! Thanks for sharing. :) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your water and the wonderful (e)motion and Colors.
    Hugs and happy PPF
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is simply wonderful... such perfect composition and colour... really great...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful painting, such rich detail and your composition, perfect. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful scene, you have really brought it alive and the fact that it's a place you have visited makes it so special:)HPPF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this painting is truly beautiful. Well done.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love that rushing water - beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! wonderful! =)

    such much likes from me :))

    ReplyDelete