Sunday, May 5, 2013

Treasure Falls Majesty

Treasure Falls Majesty
Oil on panel, 11x14
Pagosa, Colorado
We first spotted this location yesterday before arriving at our destination.  It immediately grabbed me - BEGGING to be painted!  First chance we got today, we headed straight for it and got down to business.  This is one of those paintings that seemed to just fall from the tip of my brushes.  It was an absolute joy to paint - weather was warmish - a little windy towards the wind, but so much fun to stand in front of this beauty - and paint!  All the time, little chipmunks climbed up my boots, into my paint bag, and even on the ledge where my safflower oil was - ready to take a drink!  They are so friendly - I am sure they are used to being fed.  So today, these little guys made amusing little paint companions!  It is time to go scope out another location - so this makes painting number 122 in 122 days!  I can't wait to start the next one :)

14 comments:

  1. Majestetic, wild and lovely! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Viola! This was such a marvelous place to paint! LOVE the sound of the falls while painting :)

      Delete
  2. Tammie, your oil painting of the falls is fantastic. Your water is perfect. Painting water is so tricky for me. I love it when I see it done so expertly like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you capture the movement of the water that's for sure!! Gorgeous!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect day! Beautiful painting and how wonderful to spend time in such a magical place:) HPPF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a beautiful place - and so peaceful with the running water of the falls :)

      Delete
  5. wow this is such a gorgeous painting.
    Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annette! So glad you like it! Happy PPF!

      Delete
  6. gorgeous painting! I feel like I'm there hiking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cat! It was a wonderful place to paint or hike! Trails take you all the way up to the top of the falls :)

      Delete
  7. Amazing scenery, it is really easy to imagine myself standing there beside you. Interesting how your loose brushstrokes melt into a scenery when it is "viewed from a distance".

    Sounds like a great experience with nature and art!

    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so glad you enjoyed this piece! It was a wonderful painting day :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Tammy,

    So sorry for my tardiness. I have been busy with so many things , good things but then had a few set backs with my diabetes so needless to say, I'm very late....sorry!!!
    Still wanted to visit the last few gals on the list and when I arrived here I remembered who you are....the gal who captures the wild with a twinkling dip of her paint brush!!! I can't imagine those cute little chippys scurrying over your boots and paint bag, I'd be in heaven and unable to paint.
    Just kinda of curious, the safflower oil....what's it for? Lovely post and gorgeous painting,draws me in and feels like I'm there.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Annabelle O,O

    ReplyDelete