Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fountain of Loose Park

Fountain of Loose Park
Oil on panel, 16x12
Fountain Festival Plein Air Paint - sold
purchase prints here
What a perfect day to paint en plein air!  Perfect temperature, perfect breezes, PERFECT rose gardens!  As part of the Fountain Festival, I am one of the area artists creating artwork for a special auction in August.  50% of the proceeds go to the Fountain Foundation for much needed repairs on 7 Kansas City Fountains.  This amazing landscape is the Rose Garden at Loose Park.  The roses are absolutely bursting with blooms - and the fragrance was  heavenly as I painted!  I love roses, and I can not believe I have never been to this park before now.  This is only the first of many painting trips in my future!  Painting 157 in as many days :)
Fountain Festival
(3 paintings to left are mine)

1 comment:

  1. Tammie, as I browse through your blog I am really, really tempted to be envious of your enormous talent. I know we can't all be Tammies but I do so love your style and admire your ability to paint fast and beautifully. This park scene is fantastic. I also love the irises and the geraniums. And the drawing of the man with the baby. Wow! Just amazing. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am so appreciative of each comment I get.

    ReplyDelete