Friday, June 7, 2013

Geraniums on the Farm

Geraniums on the Farm
Oil on panel, 9x12
Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead
The weather was so beautiful today - I worked in the gardens with my grandsons most of the day.  Once in the house, thing after thing went wrong.  Vacuum cleaner overheated - twice.  One of the boys spilled his water on the table - and it leached under the large glass top.  The other grabbed handfuls of chips, leaving a trail behind him (and sandwich crumbs and a couple of half eaten apples I didn't find until later).  After dinner and much cleaning - and trying out the new ice cream maker, I turned my attention to painting.  Honestly, I thought - I don't feel like painting anything!  What a day!  And it started out so wonderful!  So, I looked through my images.  I remembered sketching this one out right after the sunrise paint, but had not had time to start blocking it in.  Thinking this was right up my alley after such a crazy day - I started it just an hour and a half ago.  It is loose and free - and offered me just the right amount of creative therapy for tonight!  Feeling so much better - painting number 155 in as many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment