Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sculpted Roses

Sculpted Roses
Molding paste, heavy gel w/acrylics, oils
9x12
Feeling experimental today, I first sketched out these roses from the Loose Park rose garden.  Then, I took out the molding paste, and applied to the roses, foliage and other assorted areas.  After drying, I mixed acrylics with heavy gel medium and applied the first coat of paint, also adding texture.  When just dry enough to work over this, I started laying in the oils.  Then, it was off to baseball photos and then another game, and I have only now returned home.  And, guess what?  It is almost midnight, so there is no time for further painting with oils to explore the depths of shading.  So, wild and crazy and it is, this is my painting for the day.  Painting number 159 in 159 days.  I think I'll return to something a little more sane tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment