Sunday, June 30, 2013

Trailing Petunias

Missouri Valley Impressionist Society hosted a paint-out today at the beautiful Powell Gardens.  It has been 5 years since I have been there - and how it has changed!  I remember when all the trees were small near the visitor center, and I could see most of the cement walkway as it circled the large pond.  Now, all the trees are mature, and they create many "rooms" of various garden beauty.  The lily pond was fabulous - and I already have paintings finished - in my mind!  Another late posting - as I stayed out working in the flowers until dark.  Painting number 177 in 177 days.
Trailing Petunias
Oil on panel, 14x11
MVIS Powell Gardens Paint-Out

8 comments:

  1. Wow! A painting a day - you must be so disciplined! I art just about every day but not a fully finished piece! This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy! Some paintings are definitely more "finished" than others, but the momentum of doing one a day really keeps me on track and painting :)

      Delete
  2. This is simply stunning. And I love that they had a paint-out. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! MVIS has regular paint-outs, about every 2 weeks all year long - and they are SO fun! It is great to meet with other artists, all painting on location :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is stunning. That is a fantastic effort doing a painting a day! :) Truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I just love how you used the colors from this past week. Your art work is so very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my stars, the painting is stunning!!. WOWW.

    ReplyDelete