Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hydrangeas by the Shed

Hydrangeas by the Shed
Edgehill Orchard Gallery
Door County, WI
Oil on panel, 8x6
Several locals told me I must see this gallery, even if I don't see one other place on the peninsula.  It is amazing!  The grounds, gallery and lanscape was simply picturesque.  When I started this painting on location at the beautiful Edgehill Orchard Gallery, the rain had only started to fall.  It increased quickly to the point of flooding the area in which I was standing.  I moved my easel back a little, and a little more, and finally into a corner I could not get out of!  I had to take off my shoes and carry my easel through the water barefoot - to higher ground!  You just never know what the day will bring when painting on location.  Painting number 208 in 208 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment