Thursday, July 25, 2013

Morning at Moonlight Bay

Morning at Moonlight Bay
Door County, WI
Oil on panel, 14x11
Well, I have finally found some Wi-Fi here in Door County, but the signal is weak.  Here is this morning's paint from the marsh just north of Ridges Sanctuary on the Lake Michigan side.  The distant body of water is that lake.  The beauty around here is just breath-taking - I couldn't capture all of it if I lived here.  I painted with eight or nine other artists along the road, each lined up almost shoulder to shoulder!  I will attach those photos at a later date.  I just can't wait to capture another marsh in oils.....I hope I have enough time.  This is painting number 204 in 204 days - and I am loving Door County!

9 comments:

  1. Wow - absolutely gorgeous painting of an obviously beautiful place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous place! Wish I could have painted there more!

      Delete
  2. loving the tranquility qualities of your beautiful painting,Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annette! This place is very tranquil, indeed!

      Delete
  3. soooo beautiful! Love how you painted the water! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Patty! It is easy when the subject is so inspiring!

      Delete
  4. Love the atmosphere and you painted it just beautifully! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was such a beautiful morning for painting :)

      Delete
  5. Amazing painting. So peaceful. I believe you had great time painting it.

    ReplyDelete