Monday, July 29, 2013

Tenor Sax

Tenor Sax
Graphite on bristol, 12x16

Music has always been a big part of my life.  When I was only in second grade, I started piano lessons.  I continued them for many years, finally able to play many of the classics by Bach, Beethoven, Clementi - my all time favorite, and Mozart.  I loved the music, and loved the way it made me feel to hear the notes rise up from the piano my mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother had played.  My husband, oldest son and youngest daughter play classical guitar, all three sons played the clarinet, oldest daughter first played the electric guitar and now plays the violin.  My Aunt Diana can play any instrument, my father played the organ (under duress), and many more relatives with various other instruments.  This sax was a very complicated thing to draw.  Shadows and highlights defined the surfaces - and there are SO many different planes!  This is the 612th artwork in as many days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment