Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Orange Ring

The Orange Ring
Oil on panel, 10x8
As the summer days heat up, we find ourselves often in the pool.  This painting is of my youngest son, Michael, just hanging out in the water.  I painted this from photo reference I took a few summers ago.  This little darling is now 13 years old and 5'11".  My neighbor at the paint-in on Tuesday, shared his palette with me.  He uses a paper palette, and rather than throw his oils away, I scraped them onto mine.  The turquoise is a new shade for me - and perfect for this pool painting!  The oils were also of a soft texture - where mine are not.  It was fun to play around with them.  This is painting number 196 in as many days.

7 comments:

  1. Tammie, in between Fridays you have paintings I go back to visit, but I don't leave comments. I just want you to know how much I appreciate your showing your wonderful works of art. To do that many painting for as many days is nothing short of phenomenal. Such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful painting! Beautiful and lively water. I remember my schildhood when I see this painting. Thank You :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just want to jump right into that beautiful water! You have captured the feeling of a refreshing summer swim perfectly! Happy PPF! xo, janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is a classic painting depicting summer! Wonderful job!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combination of the turquoise and orange! Very summer-like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a talented artist. I am so impressed with your art. Attention to detail is evident in each piece. Well done
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete