Monday, July 29, 2013

Tiffany with Cello

Tiffany with Cello
Tinted graphite on bristol
Still following the music theme, here is one I put together from several different sources.  Tiffany is drawn from one of her wedding photos, while the cello is drawn from another photograph.  She now plays the violin, which would make a lovely portrait, but at the time - she had been playing the electric guitar.  That would have make a totally different kind of portrait!  Whenever you merge different references, it is very important to make sure your light sources match.  One thing I find when I am working with the tinted graphite, the lead is harder than my beloved 8B.  Which means, I can not achieve the same deep, deep darks.  The graphite is just too gray for that.  Having the tint helps in this case.  I even added a bit more warmth with a watercolor pencil.  This drawing makes 202 in as many days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment