Saturday, July 20, 2013

Undiluted Love


Undiluted Love
Graphite on bristol, 12x16
not for sale
What is more sacred than the love for a child?  This drawing is of my oldest daughter with her first child, Alan.  Drawn from photo reference, this was truly a labor of love.  I can feel the warmth of those chubby little arms and the baby softness of those sweet little cheeks as I laid kisses upon them.  It is something one never forgets.  The smell of their skin, the wisp of their hair against the face as they are drawn near, each sweet moment is unforgettable.  When I work on something like this, time just fades away.  I lose track of all things around me, my focus is on the paper alone.  I could simply get lost in the work - and not resurface for days!  Well, I guess the kids would be bothering me for food - eventually.  Why does everyone expect to be fed?  This is my 198th artwork in 198 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment