Monday, July 8, 2013

Up and Away

Up and Away
Oil on panel, 9x12
Augusta Plein Air Festival
This was my second painting started at the Nobeleis Winery sunrise paint this April in Augusta.  This has been one of my favorite events this year and last!  It is the only two times I have been able to paint balloon launches en plein air!  The rumor is that they will not be offering this next year,  I sure hope they do.  At the event, I had only gotten a rough block in done, before time was up and I had to rush off to frame and submit my other painting.  I came across my reference photo for this while looking for something else.  Thinking it is high time I finish this piece, I got right to work on this after class this morning.  I am trying to make a conscious effort to paint earlier in the day (if possible)!  I would LOVE to get one painting ahead - this would allow me the luxury of taking another look before posting, and making adjustments if needed.  Finishing this painting brings back the memories of a crisp, beautiful morning at the vineyards of Nobeleis.  This painting makes 186 in 186 days - and now I am starting on another!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you captured the light and form on those buldging balloons. Well done on painting 186 in 186 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much movement in your lovely painting. It brings back memories of ballooning in Cappadocia, turkey.

    ReplyDelete