Saturday, August 3, 2013

Beach at Bailey's Harbor

Beach at Bailey's Harbor
Oil on panel, 6x8
Door County, Wisconsin
Three other artists and I arrived on this deserted beach early one morning.  As we walked around, looking for the perfect painting spot, one of the girls looked down at the sand.  Lo and behold, there were bear tracks right at our feet!  On further inspection, they were all over the beach!  I did not think bears would be wandering around Door County!  So, I changed my original position from the thick of the bear tracks to a spot with my back to Lake Michigan - facing the thick woods (just in case Mr. Bear decided to join me)!  Quite a few people strolled onto the beach in the next two hours, as well as a couple more artists we knew.  It turned out to be a lovely painting day with no bears in sight!  Painting number 212 in 212 days :)
Yikes!  Bear track on the beach!
(one of many....)

No comments:

Post a Comment