Thursday, August 1, 2013

Docked

Docked
Kangaroo Lake, Wisconsin
Oil on panel, 8x10
Visiting near the dock across from our lodging, this picturesque scene instantly caught my attention.  The water was calm on Kangaroo Lake, as I started taking photos.  Light rippled off the water as the reflections of the boat and dock danced on it's surface.  The water is so peaceful, so tranquil.  It beckons for me to sit at it's edge, relaxing as it laps at the bank.  I love the sounds of the water,  always a peaceful painting companion.  I used a panel that had a more porous surface than usual.  It really soaked up the paint as I worked, and the blending was made more difficult.  I am playing with the light on boat, dock and water here, showing movement by bouncing it around the painting.  This was a fun one to paint after a very hectic day.  Just painting this scene, helped me to unwind.  This is painting number 210 in as many days.  Tomorrow my parents are coming for a good, long visit!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Tammie. Your oil work is fantastic. Makes me wish I was sitting in the boat getting ready to paddle away.:) Nice job.
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Tammie.. I just want to spend my day on this wonderful place you painted.. gorgeous! I like how the light comes to the water and the boat! GREAT ART!
    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Makes me want to walk out on that dock and climb into that boat. Lovely scene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful painting - it's nice to see some oils at the party.
    Happy PPF!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful painting, dear Tammie! I love the water ♥

    Happy PPF
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good scene of sea, reflections in the water are very well made and the atmosphere too, a beautiful thing. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tamie, I would like to be there...
    so calm, fresh...
    happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful and even your words as you described the scene and your painting of it were so very soothing and calm - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You lake looks like it holds secrets. The way you used the colors and movement makes me feel as if alot lies below. Lovely work. Happy PPF xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous painting, love the reflections and how you have captured the light on the boat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work, Tammie! It makes me long for the shores of Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow.. am absolutely awestruck and amazed at the beauty of your boat! lovel it...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, it radiates peace and so full of light.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful painting... and so good to have the parents visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful, relaxing painting. Love how you captured the light.

    ReplyDelete