Monday, September 16, 2013

Brush Creek Beauty

Brush Creek Beauty
Oil on panel, 16x12
Brush Creek Art Walk
The first morning of the plein air event, I took my nine panels in to be stamped on location.  I plan on painting three a day - so this ensures I have enough surfaces to paint on.  The morning light was so beautiful on this very natural part of the creek.  With light winds, the reflections were amazing!  I lay in my light and shadows first - since that changes quickly when painting.  If you look closely - you can still see some organic matter that dropped onto my panel while painting!  There is always something blowing into the wet paint!  This is my 256th painting a day, and Day 16 of Leslie Saeta's 30-Day challenge :)

2 comments:

  1. Tammie, I can usually spot your paintings because they have a dreamy quality to them.
    Very impressed with your painting-a-day output. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A large format for a plein air painting! Painting reflections in the moving water too!. You did a fantastic job with composition, colors, and capturing the mood of the day.

    ReplyDelete