Friday, September 6, 2013

Geranium Blooms

Geranium Blooms
Oil on panel, 6x6
print available here
What a very busy day!  I got right to work on prepping panels when the kids got on the bus at 6:20 this morning.  Thinking it would only take a couple of hours - silly me - I would then be right on time for a field trip to Science City with my youngest son.  I had done most of the sanding last night, so I lined them all up and started the gesso, acrylic tint, pumice coat on each one.  After two hours, I had to go - leaving my panels to dry all over the kitchen!  Arriving home by 3:00, I started in again.  Coaxed to the store by my youngest daughter with a bribe to help me finish - I was off again.  Once at home, she jumped in to help me finish.  Working as fast as I could, I barely finished in time to throw on clothes to go to two art openings tonight.  I have one in an auction for the Fountain Foundation for the Kansas City Fountains, and three currently at the Buttonwood Art Space at 35th and Main in Kansas City.  After a fun evening with good friends and great art, I am finally home and whipping up something quick - so I can get to bed!  Some days are like that.  I could not have squeezed anything more into this day, if my life depended on it!  This is painting number 246 in as many days, and Day 6 on Leslie Saeta's 30 day challenge.  Didn't I just say 30 days would be a piece of cake?  Well, not today!

No comments:

Post a Comment