Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Late Summer Creek

Late Summer Creek
Oil on panel, 12x9
A few days ago, I finally found enough time to prime about 40 new birch panels in various sizes.  I mixed up gesso, an acrylic paint to tint and fine pumice, applying with a large putty knife before smoothing with a brush.  I used a little less ground in this time, and the textures are smoother on most of the boards.  I'm not sure if I like this change or not.  A couple of these boards show the wood grain through all the layers, like canvas shows a tooth.  The underwash is a little different, too.  I just keep experimenting with various color combinations - just to mix things up   a bit.  This is painting number 250 in 250 days, and Day 10 of the 30 day painting challenge :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment. I like this painting very much and it was interesting to hear about your priming process. Wow! Painting #250 in 250 days--and I'm feeling proud of myself for 10 in 12 days with Leslie! I am getting hooked and this may become a habit. Good work!

    ReplyDelete