Sunday, September 15, 2013

Outside the Garden Wall

Outside the Garden Wall
Oil on panel, 14x11
Kaufman Legacy Park
Brush Creek Art Walk
Today's painting adventure included an early lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and a little shopping on the Plaza with Michaela.  Day three of the Brush Creek Art Walk found me painting in zone 2 - just south of the gorgeous Kaufman Legacy Park.  The light was amazing, and all was fresh and washed from the brief, but heavy, rain during lunch.  To the west of me, music from the south lawn of the Nelson Atkins Gallery serenaded me as I worked.  Pretty posh painting day - if only they were all like this!  My 255th painting in as many days and Day 15 in the current 30 day painting challenge.

3 comments:

  1. I am amazed by your dedication. I, too, did the January challenge and I was pleased that I kept up...except for three days when I was very ill. But life went back to normal after that and I lost the drive to do one a day. You stuck to it and I am inspired by your dedication. Keep it up! You are doing great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! Some days it is hard to get a painting in - but I just make it a priority, along with all of my countless duties. Sometimes I am painting close to midnight, but I seem to always get one done. I don't know how long I will continue, just as long as I can do it - I guess! I know that realistically, the day will come when I can't get paint, but for now, all is well and I just try to do the best I can :)

      Delete
  2. gorgeous work. all of your paintings are beautiful! I can't believe you can do this in a day.

    ReplyDelete