Saturday, September 28, 2013

Parkville Jewelers

Parkville Jewelers
Oil on panel, 9x12
Parkville in Art
When I first took a look down Main St. in Parkville, I loved the historic buildings lining the street.  I had wanted to paint them last year, but I just didn't get around to it.  In addition, I have been wanting to work on street scenes - especially since I find them a bit tricky. This little jewelry shop is one of the challenges for the event, so I thought this was my chance.  Setting up across the street in the shade of the buildings, I finally found a vantage point from which to paint.  This building sets back a little, so it is more challenging to get a good composition.  As I worry about my dad, who is in the hospital, I find therapy in this work.  I truly do love details, so I just let myself go on this one.  It has helped me to unwind.  I can't control what is going on with my dad, but I can control my brush.  Somehow, I don't feel so helpless when I can bring a painting into being.  This is painting number 268 in 268 days, and Day 28 of Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Painting Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment