Saturday, September 21, 2013

Petunias and Periwinkles


Petunias and Periwinkles
Oil on panel, 9x12
Augusta - Stone Ledge Antiques
It took me a little while to decide on my painting subject today.  Normally, when I arrive at a location, I am instantly pulled to a particular subject.  The fact is, I was pulled to some roses in full bloom, leaning against a railing.  The problem with this subject is that I would have to set up in the middle of the street, or at least out in the elements - and I had already painted one in the rain, and had no desire to do it again.  Finally deciding on this one, with a covered porch in front of Stone Ledge Antiques to paint under, I jumped right in.  With only a couple of hours to paint, this was a quick one!  There is quite a glare on the fresh oil paints - so I will try to get another photo when the paint dries a bit.  This is the 261st painting in as many days and the 21st Day of the 30 Day Painting Challenge.  Now, I'm off to paint in historic Augusta!

9 comments:

  1. Tammie, your flowers are absolutely gorgeous. It is hard to fathom being able to paint something like this in only 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and perfect for the end of a season!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, that you could do this in a couple of hours. I love the old timey feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell this one just flowed from your brush and in such a lovely way, too.

    ReplyDelete