Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Rain Over Parkville University

As I set out for Parkville this morning, the sun was shining with a promise for a beautiful day.  As two artists and I walked around scouting our painting locations, thick clouds filled the sky.  Once deciding on my composition, rain was threatening - and I set my easel up under the protection of an awning.  Thank goodness!  I hadn't been painting 30 minutes before a light rain began to fall, and a damp chill set in.  I knew I must finish on location, because chances of finding another day with the same light are doubtful.  I have painted 2 landscapes in the rain this week!  This is my 264th painting in as many days, and Day 24 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge.
Rain Over Parkville University
Oil on panel, 14x11
Parkville in Art

No comments:

Post a Comment