Monday, September 2, 2013

Rippling Waters

Rippling Waters
Oil on canvas, 8x6
Cedar Creek, Lee's Summit, MO
For about the last three weeks - maybe more - I have been painting solely paintings from my place, some plein air, some from reference.  For a nice change of pace, I am today painting Cedar Creek in Lee's Summit.  This is facing east from under the bridge, just east of the soccer fields.  This is such a lovely hidden jewel right inside of the suburban landscape.  I am painting a small one today on canvas - because I still haven't cut and primed the birch yet!  This is my 242nd painting in 242 days and  Day 2 of Leslie Saeta's 30 day challenge.

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! Wow, love your reflections and color. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cathy! This is really a beautiful spot to go paint!

      Delete