Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fishing from the Dock

Fishing from the Dock
Oil on panel, 8x10
Lake Minnie Bell, MI
I have a "fishermen" theme going on this week - this is my second one in three days!  There is something so relaxing about fishing.  One with nature, there is nothing but time to soak up all the stillness and beauty around you.  I love the noises of the water - the crickets, the fish, especially the gentle sloshing of the water against the dock - SO peaceful!  This painting is from the lake home of an old friend - with a glorious, bold sunset bouncing off the water.  This was one of those days where I started painting, only to be interrupted by errands and appointments.  Starting again, planning to be home shortly, I didn't even put my paints away. I simply left everything out, thinking I would be back to it in 30 minutes.  Three hours later, I arrive back home to finally finish my painting.  And, I truly thought that I would be able to finish a second one today!  Without daylight, I'm afraid the colors are not true in this photo.  I'll have to take another in the morning.  This is painting number 292 in as many days.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love sunsets over water, there's something almost magical about them and the way they reflect off the water.

    ReplyDelete