Thursday, October 10, 2013

Illinois Farm

Illinois Farm
Oil on panel, 12x9
The midwest farms are simply glorious during harvest season!  The leaves are not yet turning in southern Illinois.  Many corn fields stand tall and yellowing in the fields.  Indeed, it is corn in the fields behind this cluster of barns on the rising hill.  Some of the grasses have turned to gold and reddish, set off beautifully by the fresh greens.  All have just been thoroughly washed by the passing downpour.  I don't paint many of these skies, but I sure do like the drama of them.  Painting number 280 in 280 days.  I think I'll paint my roses tomorrow - they are bursting with blooms!

2 comments:

  1. I love taking an afternoon, early evening ride out through the farm areas of McHenry county that is Northwest of where I live in Lake Zurich;just to see this type of scene! Love this painting. You are doing a great job with your dailies. Thanks for stopping by to comment on my post, too.

    ReplyDelete