Friday, October 25, 2013

Jack-O-Lantern!

Jack-O-Lantern!
Oil on panel, palette knife 6x6
I have stepped back into "crazy town" tonight!  After a FULL day of shopping with my youngest daughter, we got home late - getting a late start on my painting.  With this one, I picked the opposite color to lay down first of whatever area I was blocking in.  The reason for this strange approach is that the opposite colors should make the "real" colors pop like crazy.  It is challenging to lay those colors on top of the others without completely neutralizing them.  This is the first jack-o-lantern I have ever painted - so of course, I have to pick the new, crazy palette knife way!  Haha!  This is painting number 294 in 294 days - maybe I'll do some fun, spooky pieces leading up to Halloween :)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I love it!

    Hug Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great oil piece. Great job. Thanks, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jack o lantern jumps off the page! He is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful..there is such a gorgeous radiance shining through in this piece..stunning and magical! The color palette is richly magnificent and full of illumination!
    Happy PPF
    Victoria, pencil and wing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with your pumpkin -- very painterly and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one gorgeous pumpkin. You have been so faithful to do a painting each day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! The colours on this are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete