Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Oaks of Autumn

Oaks of Autumn
Oil over acrylic on panel, 8x6
Today, I am having fun with the texture of autumn foliage.  I have a favorite small brush that I have scrubbed down almost to nothing.  With what is basically a liner stick with no hairs left, I have scooped up paint and applied it with a slanted stroke - not even brushing the panel with the tip in most cases.  It allows me more freedom than a palette knife, due to the round shape.  I had first painted this in acrylic, and painted over almost the entire surface with oils.  The dried up creek is past the back of our property - and one of my favorite places to explore as a child!  Painting number 284 in as many days :)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love the fall feeling in this one. The colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just love painting the fall colors :)

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful, perfect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine! I really enjoy painting the season :)

      Delete
  3. How beautiful! All of your nature art is just gorgeous! You make it all seem so effortless since they're coming one per day? How fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It does get easier and easier with each painting I complete :)

      Delete