Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October Hackberries

October Hackberries
Oil on panel, 5x7
I painted this one from the porch as another thunderstorm blew in today.  I love the glorious yellow of the hackberries as the season changes.  The green of the grass and the yellows of the foliage seemed to glow against the dark of the approaching storm.  I started this one with brushwork, using the palette knife as I moved into the foreground.  I was experimenting with creating more depth from the background to the foreground by using both brushes and knives.  The stormy sky matches my gloomy mood today, as I found our beloved black lab down by the road today.  She has been a wonderful dog these last 11 years, and she will be sorely missed.  This painting makes 297 in 297 days.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Those yellow leaves mixed with the green are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful painting, love the colour contrasts. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valerie! There was a storm coming in - and the contrast was what drew me in!

      Delete
  3. dear Tammy, what a pleasure to see, that you go on painting every day!
    this one I love so much for its mood - warm and gold
    but a bit blue sad - as every autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. your painting is beautiful. I am so sorry about your beloved lab-how tragic and heartbreaking. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Awww Bell, I'm so sorry Tammie. She was so wonderful and gentle, even when I was holding her back from the food table at the reenactment. She always met us in the yard to greet us anytime we came by. Hugs and love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Devyn. She was such a wonderful pet - I miss her every day....

      Delete
  6. So sorry about your dog - they become family. Your painting is beautiful and I also love how the colors change when the sky is dark with storm and clouds. The painting isn't gloomy at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words - they are truly appreciated.

      Delete