Monday, October 28, 2013

October Pin Oaks

October Pin Oaks
Oil on panel, palette knife, 5x7
After painting at Lake Quivira, I stopped by the Overland Park Arboretum on the way home.  I wanted to check out the fall color on such a beautiful day!  What a treat to see these pin oaks with their color changing!  Using only a couple of palette knives for this entire painting, I first applied a thin layer for the blocking in stage.  After this, I used thick color applied more heavily.  I have a few small panels - only 5x7 - and I used one of these today.  This was my 45 minute paint in a completely full to overflowing day!  I was up before the sun trying to put some order back into my kitchen, morning class, back to cleaning out the opposite wall for the built in cabinets to be hung in the pantry, to running out to visit with family fresh in town from Australia.  With cabinets now hung, and painting posted, perhaps I can start getting some of the canned goods back on the shelves!  I feel like I gain better control of my knife with each painting I do - you know what they say about practice!  This is painting number 296 in 296 days.  Another late posting.....maybe I can paint and post earlier tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment