Thursday, October 17, 2013

October Sunset

October Sunset
Oil on panel, 6x8
Today was a wonderful day to be outside!  Gentle breezes, warm temperatures, I spent the whole day working in the flower beds.  With so many flowers, things can get out of hand if I am not constantly in them....and they had gotten a bit out of hand!  I have so many gourds this year - truly a bumper crop!  I spent some time cutting many from the vines that have already started to dry.  As a bonus - I found a couple more zucchini and another cucumber in the beds.  I tuck these garden plants into my regular flower beds amongst the many perennials, and I just keep finding their gifts!  They will find their way into dinner tomorrow night.  On this painting, I am playing with the soft colors of sunset on trees and pond.  I much prefer to paint early, rather than late - but I just didn't want to waste the daylight.  I will need to take another photo of this in the daylight, though.  Sometimes, the incandescent lighting changes the colors from the original.  Well, this one makes 286 in as many days.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful scene and love the softness of the colours, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Netty! I was actually second guessing myself on those colors. Once I had the deep greens in - I thought I had made a mistake!

      Delete
  2. This is stunning. Gorgeous soft colours and the light on the water is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nic! I had to resist the urge to overwork that water :)

      Delete
  3. Tammie I love the way you have captured that fading light on the landscape, so gloriously illuminated and perfectly conceived :) just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so soft and etherial - your work is just beautiful! Have a great dinner :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristin! Dinner always tastes better when I've already completed my painting for the day!

      Delete
  5. Your paintings are beautiful. So soft and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, lovely peaceful atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete