Thursday, October 24, 2013

Palette Knife Pumpkins

Palette Knife Pumpkins
Oil on panel, 8x6, palette knife
I am going experimental today with these darling pumpkins!  Armed with my newfound palette knife knowledge - I am laying down paint in the most curious ways!  It is a lot like learning how to paint with a brush for the first time.  The way I hold the knife is critical - and  the gentle way of leaving paint on top of other layers of paint - without digging into those layers is all important!  It is so exciting to play with these knives - although it feels very awkward!  I am thinking of adding one palette knife painting a week until I am as comfortable with a knife as a brush!  Painting number 293 in 293 days!  One week away from 300 :)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely!
    Here are so many gorgeous paintings to watch! :)
    and I love the ones by the sea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty. I see such a transformation in your paintings and I've only gone back a hundred or so. :-D

    ReplyDelete