Sunday, October 27, 2013

Raven at Nightfall

Raven at Nightfall
Oil on panel, 10x8
I bought this wonderful pie safe to put in my pantry - knowing it would add historic charm.  Well, I have spent the ENTIRE day removing all things kitchen from that room, as well as the attached cabinets in that particular spot.  The pie safe fits perfectly - with many of my antique serving pieces on top, and my kitchen is a wreck!  Tomorrow, I will be putting the old cabinets back up on the opposite wall next to the fridge, and hopefully getting the rest of the food back into those cabinets!  This is a horrible job!  The only thing that keeps me going is knowing how much better it will look when all is done.  Painting number 295 today - something spooky :)

6 comments:

  1. Perfect for Halloween week! This is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I wasn't sure I was finished with this one......I'm still not :)

      Delete
  2. I commend you for the energy to...did you say "take the cabinets off the wall"? OMG, I don't think I would ever have the moxy to try that. Great painting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks so much! Well, I wanted to put the antique piece in that spot......so those cabinets had to go :)

      Delete