Saturday, November 2, 2013

Autumn Road

Autumn Road
Oil on panel, 6x6
Lake Quivira
The autumn colors are absolutely glorious this year!  I can't remember a more colorful season - and lucky for me that I am in the throws of daily painting, where I have ample opportunity to capture as much as I can!  This is painted from photo reference I took out at Lake Quivira last weekend.  Again, I have started with brushwork, ending with palette knife - trying to enhance the depth and foreground texture.  I find that I am running out of panels to paint on once again - I must very soon get some more cut!  I want to try a different priming technique where I use a roller to lay on the gesso and the underpainting, maybe trying some wild and crazy underpainting colors.........!  This is painting number 300 in 300 days - woo-hoo! Wow.  I can't believe I found time to paint 300 days in a row.  Simply a miracle :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Looks like a gorgeous path for walking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is absolutely beautiful! I am from England and never fail to be amazed at the bright fall colors of the leaves here in USA (I am now in Baltimore). Happy PPF!! and it is wonderful you are being so prolific

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! Our autumn here in Missouri has just been spectacular this year - it makes me want to paint all the more!

      Delete