Monday, November 25, 2013

Under the Hedge Tree

Under the Hedge Tree
Oil on panel, 10x8
GOT Art Gallery Holiday Trunk Show
While my parents were still here on Christmas holiday last year, we had  a beautiful snow.  We jumped in their van, and started driving the country roads, looking for great shots.  They both love photography, and I am always looking for new painting reference!  This farm is not far, and I love these big old hedgeapple trees!  Many were planted all through Missouri as windbreaks after the dust bowl years, and our farm is full of them along the north boundary.  I should be painting simple landscapes at this point, as my schedule is getting very crowded.....but I find I'm painting more complicated and difficult subject matter every day - painting number 323 in as many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment