Friday, November 8, 2013

West Pasture in Autumn

West Pasture in Autumn
Oil on panel, 10x8
"Looking Out My Front Door" Contest
I am again painting from my front yard today.  My Grandma Frank planted this pin oak around the time my Uncle Brian was in the service, some 50 odd years ago.  They planted two of them, and this is the southern one in the yard, just loaded with color.  Looking out past this oak, is the western pasture.  From the time of my childhood, we always called those trees in the distance "the woods", and they were the beginning of many adventures.  Through the gate in the foreground, the cattle walked up to the front pond every afternoon from the back pasture.  This place is rich in history and so full of memories.  I wonder if I can ever capture all of it's beauty in paint.  Painting number 306 in 306 days.

6 comments:

  1. I am totally impressed you have completed 306 in 306 days, and all so beautful at that! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! 306 in 306 days!!!! WOW! I'm stressed at just doing it for the month of November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! It seemed so hard to me in the beginning, too. But now, it is just like brushing my teeth, washing my face or working out - a daily habit I don't miss!

      Delete
  3. Such a peaceful painting, and how wonderful to live in the place where your family is rooted and all those memories held safe.
    Your artistry is beautiful and gives me a peaceful centre to hold on to on what is going to be a busy, noisy day, so thank you. Having said that I realise I am saying that your art has a healing and therapeutic beauty as well as a visual one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind and thoughtful words! You just made my day :)

      Delete