Friday, December 6, 2013

Barns in Winter - miniature

Barns in Winter - miniature
acrylic on canvas, 2x3
GOT Art Gallery Holiday Trunk Show
Well, here it is, another late night and I am just now getting around to posting.  This little winter barn landscape is like so many I saw through Ohio and Indiana last winter, and painted on a 2x3 inch canvas with acrylics.  I have not yet tried the oils on these miniatures - only because I need them dry in a hurry, which oils do not do!  I think it may just be easier to maneuver the thin acrylics on such a small surface.  Oils are so buttery, it may make them very hard to use, since I don't add any mediums.  This is painting number 334 in as many days and is still available at GOT Art Gallery on 3rd St. in Lee's Summit, MO :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammie. Wow, your work is awesome. I have always loved barns and visualized myself living in one. This one is perfect. Great work.:) thanks for stopping by my PPF post.

    ReplyDelete