Thursday, December 12, 2013

Building the Snowman

Building the Snowman
Oil on panel, 5x5
This was actually a day where I had trouble getting motivated to paint.  It almost never happens to me.  I have so many "must do" items on my list, that I felt rushed from the moment my feet hit the floor!  After painting easels and priming panels, I pulled myself to the easel.  My panels were not yet dry for the multiple things I wanted to paint, so I started from scratch.  I have been wanting to paint the kids building a snowman for years, and just today have done that - on a small 5x5 inch scale!  Once I got it started - I was really into it!  Sometimes, the hardest part is just showing up at the easel!  Painting number 340 in as many days.  Now - I must get ready for dinner and a Christmas show with the girls tonight!

18 comments:

  1. Awww, I love this! You captured the light and shadows so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! I love this... happy PPF!
    Nice to see you featured there this week- amazing work always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy this is absolutely beautiful The way you placed the shades and shadows is brilliant.
    Congratulations on your PPF feature.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you did a wonderful job! It is awesome! Isn't it funny how that works...You just got to sit down and do it!! Really is such a wonderful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful painting, the light is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful snowman, dear Tammy! Love him :)
    Happy PPF
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammie, I am always so amazed at how you can do these paintings so quickly. This is so beautiful with the children in the snow. I like the gentle sunshine amidst the cold snow colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice!! i love all the shadows on the snow!! happy paint party friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your gorgeous tree painting decking the front hall at PPF! I am amazed at how you are creating a painting a day with so much depth and realism.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your beautiful winters painting Tammie and congratulations on being featured. Am not taking part this week but will see you on the 20th, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so magical and very beautiful, I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful winter scene....we had that on monday around here!! Long gone now!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Christmas time painting! I like how the yellow warms it up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the wonderful colours in this. And the arms of the snowman. It is indeed so that the hardest part is to start. Good on you for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun!! what a super winter painting!

    ReplyDelete