Monday, December 2, 2013

Cardinals on the Branch

Cardinals on the Branch
Oil on panel, 6x6
GOT Art Gallery Holiday Trunk Show
As I put this composition together, I really wanted to show the "conversations" birds seem to share while I watch them from the window.  Being very social, they constantly look at each other with purpose, expressing themselves with their faces and body language.  We do not have any snow, in fact it has been absolutely beautiful here - close to 60 today - so, I have used my artistic license to dress the branches lightly with a little white.  With so much on my plate as of late, I must now start giving up sleep to finish all of my work.  It happens every year about this time, and it is a good thing I have never needed much sleep!  Painting number 330 in 330 days :)

2 comments: