Saturday, December 7, 2013

Christmas on the Plaza

Christmas on the Plaza
Oil on panel, 4x6 - sold
One of my favorite parts of Christmastime is seeing the lights down on the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City.  Everywhere you look, thousands of lights twinkle around the buildings - the beautiful architecture makes this evening light display spectacular.  We try to shop the plaza a few times while the lights are up, and always I am taking photos!  This one is from a shopping trip with my parents and youngest daughter, looking northwest from outside Forever 21.  I returned to my oils today - and oh the paints felt so creamy - going on just like butter with my brushes!  This is a new size for me as well - 4x6 inches.  Small - as my painting time is short, and because I found a few frames this size that would be nice for these little gems.  This is my final week to be completely ready for Christmas, as my family will be coming in on Sunday.  I try to have all things ready, so I can really enjoy our time together once they are here.  Painting number 335 in 335 days.......I think I will paint several of these before I move on to another subject.  Or, I may just bounce back and forth between all my Christmas subjects :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your oil, "Christmas on the Plaza." It's just a beautiful piece. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one my favorite parts too. They always look so beautiful! Seeing them every other morning last winter while I was working made a great start to my day and made me smile.

    ReplyDelete