Sunday, December 29, 2013

Snowy Path to Church

Snowy Path to Church
Oil on gallery wrapped canvas, 4x4 inches
Today, I picked up my oils and started to paint (in the tiny little window where family members were otherwise occupied) on a gallery wrapped canvas.  Without even thinking, I painted around the edges, as I normally would with my acrylics - only the oils do not dry!  So, needless to say, I had a bit of a mess before I got it finished!  Though - I LOVE my oils for a landscape!  I've got to get back to my family - so, this one makes 356 paintings in 356 days!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching your goal! And your last painting for the year is a beauty! Love the color combos you use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so peaceful. I took my eldest son to candletlit carols at church over Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful painting, congrats on 356 paintings in 356 days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Good for you, that is a lot of painting!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing your challenge! That is some achievement to create 365 paintings in as many days and your work is always so detailed with beautiful colours and composition. It will be strange not to have to do it anymore. What will you do next?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too like using oils. This is such a charming painting. I like how you reflected the church light. Very nice.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete