Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Stream through the Snow

Stream through the Snow
acrylic on canvas, 2.5 x 2.5 inches with easel
sold
It is a little strange to write a post where the image on the screen is so much larger than the original!  This painting is only 2.5 x 2.5 inches square - which is very small!  When displayed on my screen, the large size makes me see areas I really should work on - but alas, I don't feel that way when looking at the real deal!  I used photo reference taken while in Colorado to paint this scene.  It was somewhere along Wolf Creek Pass, where the landscapes were endless and the beauty extreme.  So many landscapes....how will I ever get them all painted?  Painting number 346 in 346 days.  There is another "30 day challenge" coming in January just like the one that got me started on the 346........this whole daily painting habit is old hat now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment