Friday, December 20, 2013

Tea for Santa

Tea for Santa
Oil on panel, 5x5
for "Tea Party for Tracy"
There is a fun website called Paint Party Friday, that I found last year where artists post their favorite work of the week.  Then, the artists hop from url to url seeing what everyone has been up to.  Super fun!  One of those artists has a wonderful sense of humor, is very talented, and known for the tea cups she paints.  She has kept up her painting and that humor through her breast cancer diagnosis and chemo.  Today, Paint Party Friday is hosting a tea party for Tracey Fletcher King, asking the artists to contribute a painting in the "tea cup" theme.  So, mine is Santa, taking a break from gift giving with a hot mug of tea.  Wishing Tracey all the best for Christmas and the New Year!!  Painting number 348 in as many days.

27 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! So unique and perfect! I love it...very festive!!
    Merry Christmas to you!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Even Santa deserves a break. Nice work. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's wonderful! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Santa is wonderful, Tracey will love it. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful piece of art and Tracey will love it too.
    Happy Holidays to you.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  6. Santa having a cup of tea. How delightful and so beautifully painted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun painting, Tammie! I bet Tracey can have the man laughing out loud in a jiffy as they share a cuppa:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally amazing! I love the tea drinking Santa. :) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so insanely amazing that you have me grinning like a mad thing and seriously considering going and waking up Phantom to show her how wonderful it is. Sure she wouldn't mind a 6 am Sunday wake up!!! I think it would be worth it. I hope your Christmas brings you a fraction of the smiles that this tea party has brought me. Thank you so much xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey - this is the best comment ever! I'm so glad you like it! The Tea Party was such a wonderful idea and I'm glad I could be a small part of it.

      Delete
  10. a really heartwarming painting Tammie! Best wishes for a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy PPF Tammie, your painting is wonderful and a great tribute to Tracey. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Santa having a cup of tea!! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is a wonderful painting - such a surprise to see Santa have a "cuppa". No doubt Tracey loved that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a special painting for Tracey, perfect for Christmas, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very unique and special. I love the painting, I don't think I've ever seen Santa relaxed. Blessings and Merry Christmas, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete