Monday, January 20, 2014

At the Barre

At the Barre
Oil on canvas, 8x6
With this painting, I am remembering the countless hours spent shuttling my oldest daughter back and forth to dance.  For many years, we attended every recital and competition - from Disneyland to the MGM Grand.  I never tired of watching Tiffany dance, the music, the excitement of shows and competitions, and the long hours of practice were all part of the game.  I have really been wanting to study the figure in paint lately, and here I work for looser, impressionistic strokes.  I like the drama of lost edges and irregular lines, as if viewed in a dream.  This painting makes 385 in 385 days, and Day 20 in the 30 day painting challenge.

16 comments:

  1. Love this one! It takes me back to when I used to do ballet. I miss those days sometimes

    http://www.artworkbyjm.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, love the softness of the expression. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exquisite! Your colors are wonderful, the grace of her posture. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeeeeeeee this!!!! what a great painting!!! Wishing you a warm and cozy and Happy PPF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. great work, delicate and well done. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your new painting very much Tammie, you have captured the spirit of the ballerina beautifully. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning painting Tammie-you certainly have captured the impressionistic and romantic quality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love your loose strokes, you captured a beautiful moment in time. You accomplished your goal for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly beautiful. You succeeded in the type of strokes and the entire painting is stunning.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly beautiful and striking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Love the movement in her tutu...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous...pure poetry from your brushstrokes...magnificent!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! I'm speechless... just beautiful - everything in this painting.

    ReplyDelete