Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cantina Dancer

Cantina Dancer
Oil on panel, 6x12
With a busy day under my belt, the wise decision tonight would have been to choose a small, easy subject.......but my heart was leaning in another direction.  I took my first Zumba class on Friday - and it was SO much fun, and the images of dancers kept creeping into my mind.  I have never painted them, and have always wanted to - so, once again, I am experimenting with totally new subject matter!  Using loose, impressionistic strokes to show the movement, this was a constant push and pull with the temperature.  The darks of the background are reflecting the light too much, since I have finished this so late in the day.  I will try to take a better one in the daylight.  I'm letting this painting rest for the night, but I may very well make a few changes on the face and back when viewed in natural light.  This one makes 384 in 384 days and day 19 in the 30 day painting challenge.  I should totally choose an easier subject tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment